KALE….my SUPERfood of choice
Did you know Kale is;
- High in Iron.Per calorie, kale has more iron than beef. Hemoglobin and enzymes formation & transporting oxygen to various parts of the body, cell growth, proper liver function and more.
- High in Vitamin K. Bone health & blood clotting.
- High in antioxidants.
- Anti-inflammatory. 10% of RDA, Omega-3 fatty acids, which help, fight against arthritis, asthma and autoimmune disorders.
- Lowers cholesterol.
- High in calcium. Per calorie, kale has more calcium than milk.
- Detoxes. Kale is filled with fibre & sulphur which aid in detoxing.
How to eat Kale
My favourite way to eat kale is in a green smoothie I personally call the “Green Monster”. ever since I purchased my Vitamix I’ve been drinking them and I absolutely love it! My hair and nails benefit greatly from it.
Many people people prefer kale mixed into a salad, that’s is another great way as well. Many stores carry the Kale salad already pre-mixed. You can get it at most grocery stores.
You can also steam kale or add it to stocks and other culinary dishes. The options are endless. To get the amazing benefits kale has to offer, raw is always best.
Green Monster Recipe
Many people have asked for my Green Monster smoothie recipe so here is a quick video tutorial Green Monster & Enjoy!